This post is not exactly fall-themed, but it's a great way for readers new or old to get to know me!
1. Fall is my favorite season!
2. I like eating non-breakfast food for breakfast. If you follow me on Instagram @homecookedandhandmade, you will see pizza for breakfast more than once. But it's not just pizza. I'll eat a chicken dinner, spaghetti, whatever I'm in the mood for. No silly food rules for me!
3. Cinnamon is my favorite smell. Perfect for fall, right? At Yankee Candle, my favorite candle scent is Home Sweet Home which is oh-so-cinnamony. I use cinnamon leaf oil in my essential oil diffuser all the time. I find the scent both welcoming and comforting.
4. For my birthday I prefer ice cream cake or cheese cake. Regular cake is not my favorite.
5. I enjoy writing about pretty much anything. It helps me think and I love to see words on a page that came from my brain and hands.
6. I enjoy music from the sixties and seventies. Think Beatles, Peter, Paul and Mary, etc.
7. I traveled to Northern Ireland and Scotland when I was a teen. Those two trips were some of the best experiences of my younger years. I would love to go back to both places someday.
8. I used to teach high school biology. I still enjoy science and reading about new developments. Genetics, particularly, has always interested me.
9. I never learned all the names of the parts of speech. I know how to write a sentence, but I don't do very well at diagraming and naming more than the simple parts of speech. The only time this has ever affected me negatively was when I was learning higher level Spanish.
10. God is important to me, but in different ways than ever before. I used to have a very narrow definition of what God was. My understanding has changed, but I still long for a connection with the divine.
So there you go!
As a reminder, I'm participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge. You can still join!
You might also like:
My "About" page
Ultimate Blog Challenge Facebook Group